In 1804, a Russian ship dropped his anchor in Nuku Hiva , in the Marquises.

More than 200 years ago, In 1804, a Russian ship dropped his anchor in Nuku Hiva , in the Marquises.
They were welcomed by one of the high Chief of the island, Keatonui, who was holding in his right hand a KAVA plant as a sign of peace and friendship.
Drawing by Herman Lorwenstern, 1804.

About the author: Aaron Taravaki
Tell us something about yourself.